Thursday, November 20, 2008

Lycanthrope. [story]

I've been working on a few ideas to create a story from. I'm trying to work on my story-telling abilities, so if I fail I'll stick to prose and emotional outbursts. Eh? But here's something I played with from one of my favorite subjects: Werewolves. {Drool}

------------------ (draft, revision needed. cough. clap. sigh.)

All she could do at this precise moment was to gaze into the sky-- the midnight clouds parted revealing her curse in the form of a full moon. She felt her body shake and a shiver ran down her spine. Her fingers began to tingle and she feared this moment more than she feared death-- for in a way it was death.. Death of her sanity, death of her human body, and death of her free will. She would transform. She would become a monster and no one could save her.

Nothing could be done tonight. She was a slave to the moonlight and the winter night.

Her lungs began to swell, ripping her chest apart and she let out a howling scream shaking the trees around her. The pain was unbearable and it felt as though it would kill her. Her body toppled over and twitched in the wet grass. Her clothes unfolded around her body gracefully enough and her skin shreded to make room for the new body emerging. Her once pale blue eyes turned yellow, which held the yerning for blood and raw guts.

Please this time let it kill me! Another scream ripped through her body and soul.

With the last of her old free will and motivation to move she stood up on her new legs. Her demonic yellow eyes scanned the area around her. New sensations arose from everywhere on her body-- the phasing was almost complete. She knew he wouldn't run away and his presence tickled the hair on her body.

She saw him walking towards her with controlled-panic and regret etched on his face, he was holding a dagger deftly between his fingers as if to throw at the right moment. I'm sorry that I have to do this.. He thought as he watched her get up. It was impossible for him to see her in what she had become. She's gone. He thought while something stabbed his heart breaking it in two.

She stood her ground and licked her sharp fangs delicately with her rough tongue. He took a step forward. Wrong move, Will.. The wolf's muscles tensed and her back arched, ready to lunge. Run, William, run..

----------------------------------

3 comments:

peaitlreiecnia said...

that's really good!

i'm rubbish at creative writing. i did like 4 units of enlish and i was still rubbish. i mean i try and all, it just never comes to me.

but this sounds fantastic. it sure beats all the vampire fanfiction out there

:)

Squilibrato said...

Wow! Are you in profile photo?? You are beautifull!

Thank you for your comment on my blog.

bunbun said...

i am terrible at writing, so it is very pleasant to read your writing. I really like how you are using character development. Also, you have just the right amount of descriptions without being too wordy.
Great at painting, writing, sewing, gaming, and pretty!

I can't wait to read more and more