"Stop driving your Honda like it's a race car.." - Andrew.
..But, it could be. It has been so good to me! Finally, when I've realized the true beauty of speed it has to crap out on me. I'll miss our 95 mph trips along I-84 East, our exhilarating and often anger filled rampages down Stark street at 60mph. {shrug} There is no other feeling in the world, nothing quite like speed.. When everything around you and outside your window begins to melt and mold into a meaningless mass. It's just you and the breath-taking invention that you're sitting in.. The thing that takes you to the stars and back, whenever, where ever. You are in control. The world looks a little more colorful. You're heart will never beat the same. I'm in. I'm hooked.
It's a shame, really, that I have nothing to my name but an unfinished associates degree. Hurry up January! My life begins again when you show your beautiful face.
My mind is a mess but in an absolutely delicious way.. I'm Juggling multiple books at the moment, trying to find something to satiate me as much as the Twilight Sagas recently have.
Some things of interest (and current fixations:)
"Blood Ties" (book 1 of the Casting trilogy) by Pamela Freeman. She writes how I would write if only I had a compelling story to tell. Oh, the possibilities!
Also, I picked up a Charles Dickens book, Tale of Two Cities. I've been meaning to read it for a few years and now is a perfect time to do so.
"The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins is sitting next to me giving me "that look" I might cave soon.
Last but not least, Piers Anthony's Incarnations of Immortality series.. I know I'll never be the same after this one, so I'm saving them for last this time around.
{sigh} If only my reality would allow me to wallow in the stories I read. Then maybe I would feel complete.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment