The grammar is a bit off. I was digging through my old computer and found this bit I wrote a few years ago. Friendships long gone but never forgotten. The photographs are some of my favorites. I miss that beautiful Minolta. I'll always remember my loves..---------- ---------- --------- ---------
I remember the days when we ran around wild and young, drinking down rusted whiskey from hidden cupboards, pills that were wrapped in candy coats. I remember laughing down pee stained streets, hiding from the sunlight to come alive at night with full force with our adolescent guns. The lights shown brightly on us while we danced together in a sweaty crowd; all eyes on us, you, my firefly.
I remember seeing you for the first time; opening your door to the world you called home. I danced with you through music notes in the air, and you taught me how to hold them in place with my fingers. We created music together and a friendship that blossomed to a love unlike any other. We drank from the dead and danced for the paralyzed, for we were their legs, and I was your vision. You were my heart and everything perfect in my world. We dug to the center of the world with our fingernails and you offered to clean the blood off my cheeks.

I remember when we saw the world together. -- Traveling from ancient Rome to the out skirts of the stars in the form of picture books. Sitting on my rooftop with a mug of hot cocoa to keep our fingertips warm in the rigid cold air; throwing Doritos chips down at the neighbor’s dog to shut them up. We beat our wrists together to the tune of infinity and friendship forever. My eyes were filled with your laughter and my gut filled with warming spirits.
I remember when nothing was too dangerous for us. Our fear tucked in the back of our throats, unable to leap out and stop us from crossing. They watched from behind as we skipped—hand in hand—fearless into the darkness before us. Together we saw beauty only most could dream of. I took a saw to our guts and pulled back and pushed forward. Nothing was too painful for the both of us. I remember when walking was our only way of transportation and by the time we ventured home—at 4 o’clock in the morning—our feet ache and stung of memories and stories to tell while we laid together in bed. We ate from plastic packets filled with candy that we stuffed in our purses just 3 hours ago. Our favorite drink was something green, showing us different images of reality on the bottleneck.
I remember the two of us kicking at each other on the floor, anxious to win the match. We kicked and pulled, screamed and laughed until our guts lay out before us. We swam in the stench and still everything was so beautiful. Your smile beaming in front of my eyes, and my comfort and heart in my hands for you to hold. You were my slut and I was your hag.
1 comment:
If you enjoy reading fantasy, could I suggest a title? (This should probably be an e-mail but I couldn't see an address). You can get a free preview of "Outcasts Of Skagaray" by reading the sample chapters on www.threeswans.com.au If you like it I would be thrilled and glad to hear your opinion. Whatever happens, best wishes. My blog is http://threeswans.blogspot.com if you feel like visiting.
Post a Comment