Friday, March 13, 2009

My Dream

I was an ordinary girl in an ordinary world.
Things happened but my memory starts out as two big, burly men corner me.
"Hey pretty little lady. You're going to help us."
"Or else?"
"Or else you'll take it and you'll enjoy it."
I rolled my eyes, this was a dream, "No point in pretending, get going with it.."
..There was nothing I could do. After they tell me about a plan they want to do, but they need the money for it. Why was I involved? No idea.
"What's it for?"
"We need to build a state of the art housing unit to house kidnapped children. It's a hobby of ours. We like them young and we like them to squirm."
Instantly my rage boiled and the urge to kill overtook every sense in my body.
We were in the middle of a field when I took out my wand from inside of my shirt and pointed at one of the men, "Avada Kedavra!" I yelled and it hit the man in the face and killed him.
I didn't have time to throw the other one a curse or jinx so I threw my hand and wand into the air ad yelled, "ACCIO BROOM" it flew under me and I mounted and took off with force. The guy was a quick thinker and reached out for my leg and grabbed it.
"Protego!" And a shield was born and he flew back, cursing me as I flew up into the sky.

I flew for a while, mainly in the high clouds so I wouldn't be seen. For some weird reason I had the feeling that my presence anywhere would not be tolerated. I was lead (by some sort of force) over a valley of fire. After that was a lodge dwelling on the river. It turned out to be some sort of art showcase inside, mixed with a hotel, mixed with a basement like atmosphere. Very odd but there was a lot of light. Something led me outside where I then became face to face with an old, saggy woman. She was Native-American Indian like with enormous round balls for cheeks and a thin set of lips, small eyes that seemed closed in thought but saw everything. She barely reached my chest in height and her hair was long and braided with elegance. She smiled at me and turned towards the river, turning back once to motion me to follow.

I followed but with fear as my greatest companion. Was she to be trusted? I had my broom and wand, I could easily fly away but something told me to stay, to trust, and to follow with ease. She led me in to the forest by the river, through switch backs and cliff faces, fallen trees and thick shade. After a while we came to a bridge where we had to cross one by one, hoping that it wouldn't collapse due to its old age. The Indian woman crossed with ease never once looking back since the start of our journey. We came to a bend in the opposite river bank and she pointed east, showing me the lodge that we had come from, then started to walk in its opposite direction. She stopped and pointed to a spot in the dirt by the river bank.

I don't know how I knew but I threw myself onto the spot she indicated and started to dig, rapid, fast movements with my determined hands. Is this it? Could it be the hiding place? I was full of hope and curiosity as I kept digging. After a minute or two my fingers scraped metal and I knew I had found it. I pulled out a shabby box with intricate and elegant carvings upon it. It was light and delicate in my hands. I looked up and saw the lodge in the far distance, its occupants roaring with laughter and fun, ease and relaxation. I looked to my left to find the Indian woman watching me with pleased eyes as if she waited her whole life to bring me to this spot and to show me the worlds greatest secret.

I opened the box.. Light spilled out of it and it seemed to hiss as the lid swung open. The air became icy and figures started to rise out of the water. I closed the lid in horror but they still proceeded towards me, intending to kill. I had unleashed a spell with my carelessness and curiosity. I wouldn't die here, I thought as the figures surrounded me, ready to grab. With a quick reaction I mounted my broom and kick off from the ground. "Protego Horribilis!" I yelled as I swung my wand in a circle around me creating a security shield around me. I flew up and up until the figures were a small blur below me. With no doubt that nowhere would be safe for me I continued into the sky and into the night, to fly and escape the dark curse upon me..

And I was lost into the night sky with the small box that held the whole world within it.

1 comment:

ADAM GORHAM said...

Radical. Your dream will haunt my dreams. That's a dream orgy, right there!