
She moves with ease, everything comes naturally when in the kitchen; sculpting white gold with age-battered hands, cracked, creased, and swollen. While watching her I feel sorrow, love, pride, shame, and hunger. Like always, I wait patiently on the other side. "I forgive you," I say inside of my head, as the scent of my childhood fills the air and engulfs me taking me to another world. My body goes limp and I fall into this wave of comfort as it drifts around the room, dipping and curling through and around the appliances. I surrender to everything! Just let me stay here on this perfect ride, through a world filled with beauty and aroma. I'm pulled back to reality when my Mother drops a slice of Kimpop into my open mouth.
Everyone, meet my Mother.
Despite everything I've said, I love her so much.
Swimming in this endless sea of apathy. I'm paralyzed, I apologize. Don't blame me. Counting down the days until this will end. I'm bothered by your alibi, so sue me.
No comments:
Post a Comment