Sunday, September 13, 2009

Stay, don't go.

Sensing your distress, shaking it off like a piece of dust.
An old man places his wrinkled hand on my chest and mouths the words, "you can breathe again" into the air. My mouth glues shut as I try to warn him, but the shove comes too soon. "I can't swim, sir" I yell as the water envelopes me taking me to it's world down below. I wash up onto a forbidden shore, blue and yellow, from the beatings of the waves. A little, naked boy runs up to my limp and bound body. His foot meets my chest and he giggles and runs off into the tropical growth.
The bubble will burst.
I throw up the contents of an aquarium on the beach; colorful fishes, various plants, and grains of sand passed through me. I lay on my back with bile running down my cheek.
The bubble will burst.
The bindings on my body slowly melt under the hot sun; dissolving into sizzles of smoke. Fragile smoke people start taking form, joining hands and chanting up my legs to congregate on my stomach, "wake up, wake up, wake up!" they chant in high, shrill voices. I throw my my arm through them with a start and they break and swirl into nothingness.
The bubble will burst.
I lay my head back down and let the sand swallow me up, taking me to a new world.

No comments: