Thursday, March 31, 2011

Dream One.

I'm sitting in a room. It's small and unfamiliar but something about the confinement is comforting and I am at ease. The walls are a simple beige; nothing is stark in the room, all flowing together as my eyes scan the room and jump from item to item in perfect harmony. I have the sense that I am at the beach, but the window is too far away and the peace I feel is too strong to rouse me.

Moments later, the simple wooden door opens as my older brother walks into the room. "You can't just stay in here all day! -We're under attack!" He vents through tight set lips and heavy lungs. Under attack? But, that doesn't make sense.. I look down at my arm and see my veins pulsing underneath my pale skin. Tiny spikes like budding seeds poke from my skin, as if my veins are growing limbs and leaving me. The little limb zig-zags in curls as it finds its way through the air. My brother watches with content from the swaying doorway. His body is motionless and his face is void of expression. Hollow comes to mind. If I were to open the window, I would assume his body would just tip over from a gust of wind. How menacing that he should leave me now.

Within minutes, a swarm and tangle of veins have wrapped my body and the air around me. I resemble a blue tangle of sagebrush sitting on a plain bed, yet I am still at ease.. Like this was meant to happen. There is movement in the room as my brother regains himself and walks over to the mess that is me. He places his hands near my face and parts the swarming veins like parting the silky curtains of a window. My solemn face is revealed. I blink and look at him with heavy eyes. I am tired, I say, let the war run it's course. I must sleep.

3 comments:

Tisha said...

Weird dream :)

G said...

crazy dream...I envy you

Hazelrah said...

G, trade me dreams and let me sleep in peace? :)