Festivity invitations dolled up with a smile. I politely nod my head and incline my eyes to the ceiling as if to ponder something great.
"That sounds like fun," I say brimming with excitement - the kind of superficial emotion that you use for fear of seeming disinterested. Although, I never seem to follow through with any of these invitations. Left up to me, I'd rather cuddle on a cloud with my pup and a good book, but the world awaits!
"Maybe I will see you there," he says with a calm excitement, one that has had many years to master his emotions. He nods and turns to walk but with one last glance to flick a smile my way.
I wander into thoughts of varying intensity of a life that I am not living.
I wonder if he has looked for me; sitting anxiously with his friends positioned just so. Near the entrance, scouting for a head of messy curls and a young face. A face with a faint dreamy stare as if the folds of the world were translucent, delving into dimensions unknown.
Friday, February 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment