Thursday, January 5, 2017

This is between you and I:
I feel dead on the outside.

He asked me if I ever sang to people,
I sing on the inside. "no."
"I want to hear you sing." I want to sing for you.
I'm afraid of people hearing my voice.
So often do they tend to stifle a bright light, a soothing voice, or a vibrant soul.

Where I'm from things like that don't exist.

Sometimes the howl of a soulful song will shake me out of my slumber.
My soul stirs and asks, "are we there yet?"
"Be calm, stay hidden, it's not safe yet."

Soon. I will never let anyone change me.

2 comments:

Happy Jack said...

is this thing on?

Happy Jack said...

I'm back, wondering where this person, that I never really knew, is right now. It's a weird concept. I know you as words on a screen, but yet I wonder. How is she, are things better for her. I know for me, they're different. Not better, just different.