Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Tragedy: The snow has melted.

I hope everyone's Christmas went well. This year it wasn't as busy for me, due to the fact that most people in the Portland metro area were stuck inside. In some areas we had snow drifts of up to 2 feet, I swear! In a way I was in love with it. It made the city beautiful, for once. None of that endless, gray concrete everywhere. The city looked natural, pure, and peaceful. I'm not meant to live in the city. I need trees surrounding me and wild animals. I need green everywhere and the sound of a creek or lake waves swishing against a bank. I've lived here pretty much all of my life.. Portland, you don't do it for me anymore. Now, Seattle would be my choice for a big city. I'll deal with the higher prices in order to get away from what's in Portland.

Anyway, my mother asked me what I got for Christmas and I simply replied, "books." My dad got me the amazing Harry Potter series book 1-7
so that I have them all! And Andrew got me the Inheritance series, all three, now I can indulge in childish fantasies for a whole year. Andrew's parents got me the book, War of The Worlds which is completely spot on in terms of my style of reading. Thank you! I'm satisfied and I love my family. :]

For my birthday I want a dog.. I know this will never fly but I can dream, can't I?



How about the stunning Weimaraner! Beautiful, smart, and active dogs, I might not be able to keep up with them.. But one day I will and I will have one. One day.


My next pick would be the German Shepherd. Intelligent, protective, and above all friendly. It could be what the German stands for but whenever I see one I get weak in the knees, so to spe
ak. I act like a little girl who sees a puppy across the street. I squeal and stamp my feet because I can't handle my affection for this breed. Amazing dogs, and expensive. It would cost me about 2 months of my rent for a pure bred German Shepherd. I'll continue to dream..










Since I'm rambling about dogs I might as well show you the best dog in the world..



Spencer was my best companion. I can still remember so vividly how he smelled the first time I held him, like poop. I knew it was meant to be. I will miss this dog every day of my life, but I'm alright with that.. He'll never leave me in a way. I love you, Spencer. :]

5 comments:

Betty said...

Juniper Berry aka June just loves it when I tell her you are coming over to visit. She really digs your combined attentions.

peaitlreiecnia said...

ooooh what cute doggies! i love cats and dogs but my sister is petrified of anything on four legs so i only had a cat when i was little.

have you seen kiki's delivery service? another awesome miyazaki work

:)

carly cat said...

eek kiki's delivery service is superb;

i have a German Shepard, actually. she's insanely smart. A fantastic companion dog -- just make sure you have time to walk or play with them EVERYDAY. otherwise they get very bored, and boredom leads to destruction!

Anonymous said...

I love weimaraners! They're beautiful. I just got a puppy a few days ago & he's half Shar-pei, half English bulldog. He has a really sweet temperament so far!

@ peaitlrelencia,
I love Kiki's Delivery Service. Lol, that is an amazing movie.

Betty said...

I saw the New Years Eve photos on Holly's flicker they were great. I really like the black/white photo of you and Andrew holding Nigal. Talk soon, BJ