Character Study, for my fiction:
I looked for love in all the wrong places; I looked in Sam's trousers. He had a small, fleeting love that lasted only two minutes. Exhausted, he rolled off of me and laid on his side, back facing me, the rest of the night in a soundless sleep.
Restlessness taking hold of me I got up, ran his dirty tee shirt between my legs and dressed my slim, pale body. I approached the grime crusted mirror in the bathroom, took out my lipstick, smeared a thin coat over my lips, puckered and rubbed them together, and wrote "learn to fuck" in large and sloppy letters across the mirror.
Purposely leaving the door open, I walked out of his excuse for an apartment and into the ten 'o clock night.
The heat from the day still lingered into the night. The clonking of my boots echoed off of the cars parked along the streets and off of the trees lining the sidewalk. Feeling invisible and fully alive I started walking into the heart of the city.
Friday, July 17, 2009
Jane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment