Sunday, November 15, 2009

Words

The road is the only way to go
casting shadows on the moon.
Mother and child laying in the woods
waiting for the chance to run.

I saw you in the sea reaching out for me
that's why I tried to save you
but my feet tangled in the reeds.
They brought me to my knees.

I followed you down to the water bend
you cupped your hands
and called to your friend.
The water rose from the stream with ease
and wrapped you in a lover's fold.

I'm sitting all alone
filling my head with emotions
just to feel something.
I'm sitting all alone
pricking my finger with a needle
just to feel a thing.
-so the story goes.

One, two, three
Jimmy throw down your pail
help us build this factory.
This pyre will feed your children
and their children to come.

No comments: