(Continued from a previous post named, My Sweet Prince.)
Hand in hand, the Demon and I walk through our land, scouring the bleak horizons for some fun. A constant darkness looms in the skies and plagues the land below. Side by side, the Demon and I circle our prey; a child, left behind with nowhere to go. He's crying out with red eyes and a sore throat, reaching into the sky for something to save him. His instincts calling out for a savior knowing that his time has come. A gentle growl escapes my Prince and I step in to take the claim. He's mine, I say with my blackened eyes and extend my arm to block his path. My Prince gives up his hunger and allows me the kill, but I do not kill. My hands caress the child's fragile skin and I stare into his eyes that spill water so freely. How does it feel to cry? I wonder, such a delicate, small creature, what nourishment would he offer? The boy wraps his hand around my stone finger, and I'm pained with a memory that I cannot find, like a shell of something but hollow inside. My Prince growls once more above my crouched body and I take one final look at the pearl-like baby in front of me. I kiss his little cheek and marvel as his body turns to stone. I pick up the little demon and hold him in the cleft of my arm, as if the spot was made for him. We continue our walk through the plagued lands, The Prince and I, and my little demon looking for his first meal.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Plague
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Merry Christmas!!!
Post a Comment