Sunday, January 9, 2011

Condolences, my putrid prince.

Expired manifestations of what once was --treasured, life --long lost and forgotten, placed before you is a single wilting rose. Its' petals yearning for something gold. Something bold. Something to make its' young veins feel anew. Shriveling, as of now, beyond repair. --Look at what you've done! Its thorns gasp stiff and protruding and remains the only life this flower will ever know.

Please.. I plead with blurred eyes to the moonlight, to the stars, to the towering figure above me. I cannot go on, this reality is to much for me, not enough for me. I dream of something bigger. A heaviness grows in my veins as two droplets slide down my cheeks with a purpose. The looming figure shudders a sympathetic bow. He leans in to me and places his lifeless lips upon my quivering brow. I sigh, a thankful sigh, a pleasured sigh, as a tinge of ice shoots through my nerves. Thank you, I gasp into the stirring wind, as my body goes limp and falls to the ground to move no more.

No comments: