The gentle slope of a growth in progress. The fragility of newly acquired hair, bound by an elastic band; dark drapes for lashes, open and close, revealing a set of curious, golden eyes that are fixed on me. I have a moment, here, sitting across from this fragile, little girl as the train rocks my body, gently, side to side. Your innocence frightens me, I think to myself. A frown becomes my main expression, as if the world has been placed upon my lap.
Sleep deprived to feel something, anything, that takes you away from reality, the norm. The normal. What is normal.. Stuck inside this crypt-like skin. Let me out, please! Let me out!
Colors and shades. It's safer on the bottom.
I feel evil, angry. Something awful must have spilled; dripping itself onto me as I walked unguarded through the streets. Seeping into my skin and toiling through my bloodstreams, making my smile fade and my eyes squint like two slits; eyes of a maddened bull.
Balloons dance elegantly with the wind; a tango that we're not meant to understand. One, two, three.. One, two, three..--look! They're dancing!
"It's wide, open and free like you want to be. Up in the clouds, nothing is loud."
"It's wide, open and free like you want to be. Up in the clouds, nothing is loud."
No comments:
Post a Comment