Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Obstacles

Tip-toeing, eyes averted in every direction. My heart on a stake if I mess this one up.

Body, please do not fail me now.

The snow-capped mountains surrounding me are starting to close in; Inching their way closer to strangle me, humming as if enjoying this little dance of theirs.
I'm crouched like a cat on this brittle ice. My fingers splayed out for balance. My breath forms thick clouds around my face and my hair, in waves, spills over my body with tips of ice. The trees around me start to sway. They are dancing to a tune that tells of my death. My eyes start to blur from the ice encrusted on my lashes. My heart beats in low and weak thumps, but still far from its breaking point.

Heart, please do not fail me now.


Tip-toeing, eyes casting in every direction. I'm sensing that I'm not alone.
The water spirits are closing in on me, underneath the frozen death that holds me from them. They dance underneath me while I'm forced to compare myself to a feather. These beautiful spirits full of malicious intent, ugly hearts, and wicked smiles; they are laughing at me with fangs bared. The mountains begin to moan and the trees start to bend in my way, hugging the frozen lake and being witness for the wicked water spirits. A water spirit underneath my hand places it's pale hand up to mine.

My heart skips a beat and my hand falls through the ice and into the water.
A forceful wind throws itself through the scene and the trees give a loud cheer-like shake. The water spirits place their pale hands all over the ice that's under my body and within seconds the cracking and crashing of the ice invades my senses. The water hits me like a thousand daggers and I am stunned and paralyzed. I am greeted by hundreds of hungry eyes swarming around me, and it's unfortunate really that my death belongs to the water spirits, to things so beautiful but so ugly in nature.

I forgive you.
And I start to sink.. ---------------------------

So, I was listening to Erik Satie's "Gnossienne- NO.1" when the small story/prose above materialized inside of my brain. Amazing piece of music. I want to jump into it and live forever in there. Also..




A very magical piece I found of Tree Spirits from http://www.annieb-art.co.uk/.
I wish I could work this well with oil paint! Bravo, Annie B.

2 comments:

peaitlreiecnia said...

I totally agree with you and I thought this bit was so poignant, 'I saw how empty it made them but how necessary it was for them.'

The owl purse is from Unique-vintage.com, the link for the polyvore i made is here
http://www.polyvore.com/everything_want_now/set?id=5803737 it's on that too.

I'm Chinese, in some places you do but we don't. Even the grown ups get envelopes off their parents lol but wearing the dresses sounds so sweet!


That is such a pretty piece of pose, i'm off to find that music you mentioned.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I'm finally getting back to you! I was M.I.A for a couple of weeks. I'm going to clear a day for me to just read blogs, haha. I'm a geek.

It is sad that Lindsay Lohan fell off the horse for a while. Hopefully she's cleaned up, though. I just loved the BAZAAR spread. She looked great.
I love having a puppy! He's grown so much in 2 weeks.
LOL apartments suck sometimes for real. You should def. consider it but yeah, a small, lazy breed would do well in an apt. You may want to wait though cause small dogs are sort of hard to house train. They don't retain knowledge very well.
I've tried lots of small breeds, & I've never had luck:(